Saturday, November 10, 2007

Night accident

My constant fear of dad's health condition became reality at 2am yesterday when my dad complained of right loin pain. I only knew about this after mum came bursting into my room asking for help. The pain became unbearable for my dad and we rushed him to the hospital by cab. All of us were especially flustered during the ride because it could be a kidney problem. Dad was attended to shortly and doc suspected that the problem might be kidney stones but she wasn't sure yet. Dad was then administered a painkiller injection before going for x-ray and a urine test. I prayed very hard for him and luckily nothing was wrong with the test result. Doc then gave him a laxative to clear his bowels and my dad felt much better after that. Therefore, it might be severe constipation and dad was subsequently discharged. He would need to come back to the urology department again for a medical appointment in 2 weeks time. As of now, everything is still fine.

No comments: