Friday, September 10, 2004

I have just come back from the three days scout camp at sarimbun and i am feeling very exhausted right now. I have so much things to say and i doubt i can mention all in my blog. i truly enjoyed the camp experience and i believe so do all my scouting brothers. We had so much fun during our short stay there and i think i am too tired to mention all the stuff we did.....sorry for that haha,i feel like sleeping). One thing worth mentioning is that this camp was really frightening as it happened to concide with the Hungry Ghost Festival. It was really not funny as we swore we witnessed paranormal activities during the camp. We saw a plaque erected at the camping ground in the evening dipicting the event of the japanese landing on Singapore. It was at this very place, Sarimbun, that japanese launched their assault on Singapore! It was also the place whereby thousands of people are executed or massacred due to the harsh rule of the Japanese. There were joss sticks on the grass and they surrounded the plaque, causing the air to be filled with a spooky atmosphere. When we returned to the exact same site at night, the joss sticks were gone! Wow! i really got freaked out. Someone could have removed them, but I doubt it as there was no other people around staying near the plaque. Also, another paranormal activity happened in the toilet when i was brushing my teeth near the sink, the toilet bowl behind me just flushed by itself and no one was there at that time, just me. i got so terrified that i flunged myself out of that damn place. Phew! what could have explained this phenomenon? i don't know and i certainly do not want to know. i am just glad that i am safe and sound.............and i am on the road to recovery.

No comments: